Friday, January 31, 2014

Five Questions Friday 1/31/14



I asked readers and friends to send some questions my way this week that they'd like to see me answer on my blog. I was surprised with the outcome of that. I suppose that I expected 1. more questions, 2. more intense or "strange" questions, or 3. to be completely ignored. Ha!
I did get a few questions (thanks Chelle, Debbie, and my friends on a Christian forum!) and I'm gonna go ahead and answer those below. Feel free to shoot more my way for the next round, probably at the end of the upcoming month (which will be awfully close to my birthday!) by way of the form on my contact page, twitter, facebook or in the comments. :)

1. Who is one of your favorite authors?
I have a hard time pinning down one favorite as I am all over the board with the genres of books I read but I can honestly say I fell in love with Neta Jackson's style of writing and her characters in the Yada Yada Prayer Group series. I have the other series she wrote on my wishlist now.

2. What is one of your favorite Bible verses?
Equally hard to pin down but I can share one that I am clinging to right now. Romans 8:28 (God works all things for His purpose of good for those who love Him and have been called for His purpose!)

3. What are your favorite colors?
Black (slimming! goes with everything!), gray shades and pink/purple shades.

4. What inspired you to blog?
I want to be transparent, authentic, an open book so that maybe, just maybe, someone will identify with something I've gone through or am going through and I can share a little bit of hope or insight with them. I can only type so many characters into a tweet or facebook status and it only makes it around my network of friends usually, so I decided to step it up.

5. What is your dream job and why?
I briefly (very briefly!) wanted to be a teacher when I was little. That quickly gave way to my ultimate dream of being a mommy and wife full-time. I've always wanted to be a homemaker. My mom was a stay-at-home-mom and I always knew she was there waiting for me after school with a hug and a snack. I want the same for my daughter. Aside from that, writing has always been on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment