Thursday, January 30, 2014

Three Things Thursday - Three Books I'm Reading Right Now

Yay! It's time for my first "Three Things" post!
I'm seriously having a blast blogging, y'all. I don't know why I've drug my feet on starting this until now.

Okay, so I'm one of those readers that usually has more than one book going on at a time. Often I have two to four books with bookmarks in them in various places of the house. Sometimes one in the living room, one by my bed, one going on the nook and often something I just cannot put down following me every where I go.
Currently I have one in the living room that I pick up when I'm sitting in there, one by my bed that I'm taking my time going through and taking it bite by bite and one I am starting today and have a feeling it won't leave my hands for long until it's done.



1. The Power of Right Believing, by Joseph Prince came to me by what some might call accident or shipping error but I believe it was something bigger than that. My dad and I had ordered a copy of a David Jeremiah book and the supplier sent this instead. We could have sent it back but just ordered the other book again and kept this one because I just had a feeling it was meant to come.



I'm at the end of chapter one in this one. It's my living room book. Keeping it out there in case someone else wants to pick it up and get some encouragement from it as well. So far, it's good. I'll let you know what I think in a Bookie Boogie review post when I'm done. ;)


2. Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts, by Drs. Les and Leslie Parrot is one I'm creeping through slowly and carefully. I'm trying to make sure I digest every little piece of wisdom that comes from this one. This book made it's way to me from my Pastor and came with some extra advice and wisdom from him. ;)  



I know, I know, everyone who knows me is all "Huh?" right now because you're thinking, "Um, Sarah... you're divorcing not getting married.". See, the thing is, I've GOT to figure out my own issues. If I carry bricks from the past into the future I'm going to build the same house. I really do want to be married again, to a Godly man this time, to have a partner to grow old and serve the Lord with. This book is helping me identify some issues I have that need to be dealt with right first.


3. Unglued, by Lysa Terkeurst is the one I'm diving into today and have a feeling I won't be putting down until it's done. This was a Christmas present from my mom that she bought from my CBD wishlist. She's kinda cool like that. ;) 


I'm pretty excited about it. 





So there's my list. I'd love to hear about what you're reading right now! Comment!


Linked here:
Proverbs 31 Link Up

and here.




No comments:

Post a Comment