Monday, February 10, 2014

Lifting It Up and Letting It Go



Philippians 4:6-7 says that I shouldn't hold on to these things that are bringing me fear and discomfort. I shouldn't hold on to them and cling to them like a dirty security blanket. I need to lift them up to Him, while thanking Him for the blessings and answered prayers I've been given already. I need to keep my mind set on His strength, not mine.
There is no greater spiritual comfort than the confidence that God is near, not only to hear my cry for help but also that He is able to provide help and strength. He wants us to rest in His true peace.
I'm finding more desire and need to spend time in what I call "air mail". Tying these things bogging me down to big balloons and letting them go up to Him. 
Corrie Ten Boom put it this way: “If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God you'll be at rest.”
Are you needing rest? Look to Him and send your fears and frets His way, rest in His peace and comfort and focus on His will. Have a blessed and beautiful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment