Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Transparent Tuesday 2/4/14 Lazy Day

There is a new trend popping up on social media that makes me nervous and makes me smile at the same time.
#transparenttuesday

Admit it. You're not going to post pictures of yourself that don't show you looking just the way you want or pictures of your house untidy on a regular basis. We want people to see a certain image. We've all done it. Shared the adorable picture of our kid with an icecream cone but left out where it ended up in your floorboard making your car smell like spoiled milk for months. We've shared pictures of our cute nail designs but left out the picture of them bare and possibly bitten or snagged.

Enter Transparent Tuesday. Where what you see is what you get. No filters, no lies, no frills. It's you being you, squarely for what you are. Fits perfect with the name of my blog, so ofcourse I have to jump on this wagon. I'm not brave enough to do this every single Tuesday. There's my first transparency. I'm going to plan on doing this maybe the first Tuesday of every month.


So here I am in all my bedhead glory as I lay on my bed with my laptop typing this. No makeup, no filters, no hairbrush, not even a real smile because I'm not gonna be fake about it. I'm not sad but I'm not all grins today either.


It's almost time to get my kid off the bus and I'm still in jammie pants. Eeyore jammie pants at that. They are almost a decade old and are insanely baggy on me now but I just can't part with them.


Those are my wigs, just slung on the over-the-door hooks. I had great plans to shampoo them and my makeup brushes yesterday but it just didn't happen.


I snagged two of my nails last night. Tried to just file them down a little but ended up making a mess of them. This is even more nerve-wrecking to post because of my weird little pinky.



So there. It's a rainy day, I slept in, I've fixed lunch for my mom and I and typed this. That's it. No excuses, no regrets, either.

I challenge you to do the same! Let me know if you get brave and blog a Transparent Tuesday, post on FB or Tweet your day.

I joined a linky party here.

No comments:

Post a Comment