Friday, February 21, 2014

The Past Is Just That


I have been through the ringer in my relationships and marriages. I've not been a good partner in the past. I've even gone through time periods where I was not a good mother. I've done horrible things. Resounding theme for the last week has been, however, that the past is just that- the past. I cannot carry those bricks with me. I am not that person. I am in Christ now, a new creature. Old things are passed away and everything has become new. 

In just over a week I will be celebrating not only my 30th birthday but also marking a year of incredible change in my life. In this year, I've become sober and celibate. I've lost 50 lbs and 4 dress sizes. I've begun a closer walk with my Lord, gained clarity and deeper understanding of things and really just become NEW.

It's been worth the struggle, the tears, the pain... to get to this point. It's not over yet, by any means. If you are in what feels like a pressure cooker, a torture chamber, I really just want to encourage you to bear with it and keep going. There is a Light at the end of this tunnel. He's got this. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment